Options

Compare Server+ exam

endersftdendersftd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Forgive me because I am certain that this has been asked before.

I know that Server+ is an in-depth exam and covers a lot of information. Just to give myself an idea of how difficult the exam is, could someone compare it to the A+, Net+, Sec+ exams, just so I can gauge the difficulty level?

Further, I'm also wanting to start working on my MCSE certs, and I'm curious if it would be a good idea to study both Server+ and the 70- 290, 291, 293, or 294 concurrently, in the hopes that the material will overlap and therefore get the most done in the shortest amount of time.

I'm really trying to get the ball rolling on building up my certifications, and I want to make sure that I either get the most important ones out of the way (the MCSE), or get some (relatively) easy ones out of the way (iNet+).

Thanks all.
"We will rule over all this land, and we will call it...'This Land.'"

Comments

• Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Although I have not yet done the testing icon_redface.gif , I am using the official CompTIA certification study guide. It is very hardware based (like A+). RAM types, processor types, bus types, and other hardware topics are covered also it is infrastructure based. This includes server room setup, configuring racks, server room security and protection. There is also small amount of cabling and Ethernet standards covered. Very similar to Network+.

I haven't started the software modules yet so can only comment on the hardware modules.
  • Options
    Gennosuke HIGAKIGennosuke HIGAKI Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As I posted before, I barely passed this exam. This needs a sort of comprehensive approache in hardware, software, infrastructure, network, NOSs, protocols, security, and above all server experiences for mental assurance. Acutual questions are tricky and some need multiple answers. My strategy was wrong in the selection of materials. I relied too much on Exam Cram 2. I should have covered multiple sources.

Looking forward to your success
  • Options
    endersftdendersftd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

I was comparing the objective sheets of the MCSE Windows 2003 Server Environment and the Server+ and the Server+ is like, many many pages longer.

I'm still debating about whether to start on this one, or begin working towards MCSE or something.
    "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it...'This Land.'"