CASP book recommedation please, or best you have used?

higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
Hello all,

I need to meet a Dod 8570 IAT level 3 requirement and I'm not really in the mood to drop 600 + bucks on the CISSP so I want to go for the CASP. I think Darrel Gibson makes great books but I'm surprised to see that he doesn't have one (at least from my search). What would I need (material wise) to pass? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Respectfully,
Higherho

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the McGraw-Hill book (Conklin, White and Williams) to pass it. I can't say if that book was better than the others as I haven't looked at any other books, but it was enough to get me through the test.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Thank you for the input! I would rep you but it looks like I already gave you some. One book is good enough for me and after this I can then focus on the Cisco / Juniper stuff I want to do.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep in mind that the books that you currently see are aimed at CAS-001. Comptia already updated the exam to CAS-002 and Michael Gregg's book seems to be ready for the release for October 2014 that reflects CAS-002. Comptia weighted the domains differently in 002 and subtracted a domain from the new one. Instead of five domains from 001, you now have 4 domains in 002.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Thank you for the information! I was curious if they are still letting users take the CAS001 or not.
  • goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    From CompTIA's page the CASP 001 will be available to take until May 2015, and the CAS 002 debuts November 30, 2014. CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looking at the Comptia website for CASP it seems the date for launch has been pushed to January 2015. CAS-001 retires in May 2015.