Passed HIT-001

hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know this cert isn't very popular but I have a few years of healthcare I.T. experience behind me so I figured I'd go for it anyway. I'm not sure if it will help my resume or not, but at least it can't hurt.

Comments

• jinnstarjinnstar Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to take this exam myself, any tips or study recommendations? I have the book, and have tried watching the CBT-Nuggets series, but honestly find the presenter irritating.
  • moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took this exam because I thought it was interesting. There are questions about HIPPA and privacy settings and such. Reading the HIT-001 exam prep book which can be found on Amazon will be enough to pass the exam. When taking the exam think of a hospital and how patient information security is critical.

Good Luck.
  • hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the book by Joy Dark. I just read through it twice and then the night before the exam I went through the questions at the end of the chapters. It came with a dvd that had a practice test on it too. I have a lot of healthcare I.T. experience so the acronyms and the workflows came pretty easily. If you've used both the book and videos you should do fine, best of luck to you!!