A+ 701/702 and Network+ 004 Cram Books: Donate to the Library or Recycle?

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got a couple of old A+ 701-702 and Network+ 004 cram books that I got a few years ago when I tried to attempt certifications. These books are taking up space and I have the current one's. Should I donate them to the public library for other people's use or just throw them in the recycle bin (or Goodwill)?

Comments

• Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Your choice really, but I'd donate them to the library if they want to take those books.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If you local library is a good one, donate to them! (sadly, my local library is terrible and have a terrible selection despite direct donations...they just sell off the books for a $1 because they don't want to stock them...I digress)

Goodwill is a good place or BetterWorldBook drop boxes are good. Both resell online and while I do not know the mission of BWB offhand, I do know they are accurate on their descriptions and ship promptly. Goodwill I have experienced the same...they simply price the book to move.

Local school library perhaps?? But the book, I feel, will fall into the best hands through Goodwill or BetterWorldBooks simply because they market to move product, specifically books, and someone looking to purchase a slightly older copy for cheap will pick it up, educating the mind of the next generation and keeping the text out of the landfill.

At some point, it may be more useful in a papergator, but until the entire book is obsolete...charitable resellers are good, IMNSHO
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My local library will not take computer related books.

I would check with them before dropping them off.
  • NersesianNersesian Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're the sort of person to take deductions on your federal income tax, Goodwill and the like will cut you a tax receipt for the face value of the book. They have been known to be fairly generous with the donation value, so consider that before tossing them out.
  • tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all of the input guys but I dropped into the Better World Books box a couple days ago. I'm sure the books will get a good home.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Trying to gain a 'deduction' from a tax receipt is a good attempt, but REALLY difficult to come by it seems for many people, particularly since the US tax codes are changing and have changed. And, one is not supposed to claim more than they can resell the book for, so you're looking at $.50 - $3.00 depending on the book. They sell their materials pretty inexpensively since their goal is to move products around. FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?