Changes in Microsoft's Academic Exam Policies

Good Afternoon,

I was trying to take advantage of Microsoft Academic pricing through the PearsonVue website yesterday. I did a lot of searching, but I wasn't coming up with any results online. So I called PearsonVue who then referred me to Microsoft.

With Prometric you could select the 72 series exam and take exams at student pricing with valid student. On the phone with Microsoft I was told that academic pricing now only applies to those schools that are PearsonVue authorized testing centers. The discount will automatically apply if the PearsonVue website detects your .edu is one of the ones they are partnered with.

This is a bunch of malarkey.

I just wanted to share my frustration.

Update - Solution Found
langfod wrote: »
Try this:

When you log in to the Pearson site from the Microsoft certification site, edit your contact details and change your "Job Function" to "Student". Then Submit and schedule a test. The student pricing seems to appear this way.

This is the solution. It works! I wanted to put this at the top. Thanks again Langfod!!!
--
“Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
2015 Goals: [] 70-410

Comments

• Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Microsoft – Where do you want to go today?

to

Microsoft - It's all about the Benjamins!

Oh wait that was P.Diddy! :D

Probably pretty easy to get a free .edu address after a little Google, probably why they have changed it...
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Their stock price isn't at a multiyear high for no reason icon_lol.gif
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • BowlJarBowlJar Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have three vouchers all to expire in May, being full time at WGU and work I don't think I can use all three by then if you want to buy one at a discount price.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I noticed that too. Fortunately, my WGU .edu email address allows the 72- exams.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    are you using @my.wgu.edu or just a @wgu.edu? I am a WGU student and even after changing it to my wgu account I still have issues. -_-
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @wgu.edu
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • langfodlangfod Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try this:

When you log in to the Pearson site from the Microsoft certification site, edit your contact details and change your "Job Function" to "Student". Then Submit and schedule a test. The student pricing seems to appear this way.
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    langfod wrote: »
    Try this:

Langfod this work. I <3 you.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
  • langfodlangfod Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I should have mentioned that I have not actually completed the signup and taken a test doing this yet, myself. If the procedure has not really changed then one should just need to show the proctor valid school identification.