State/Federal regulation Mandating wireless providers to provide service to ES

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

Do any of you know if there is a law or regulation that makes wireless providers have to provide wireless coverage if it's dependent upon emergency services to function? - ie: Ambulances which need real time communication to hospitals of life saving information of patient in vehicle.

I know that ISP's have regulations in regards to phone calls not going through if 911 doesn't work, does this apply to wireless providers too?

Anyone know?

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have never heard of anything like that but I guess if the EMT needs it they can come ask me for the guest WiFi password icon_lol.gif
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    To the best of my knowledge there is not regulation that requires a wireless carrier (I suspect we're talking about cell phones here) have coverage in an area for emergency personnel. We have radios on the rig so we can relay information (albeit not certain things) that way. The cell phone is a nice to have, but by no means a requirement for the job.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    after making a few contacts with my HLS contacs from working in the city they sent me to this link:

NYS Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services - OIEC

wasn't even aware NYS has a department that dealt with this....

learn something new everyday.