Options

Benefits of IPv6 networking

webspiderwebspider Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I recently faced a few of these questions in a practice exam on this site(New CCNA

The network administrator has been asked to give reasons for moving from IPv4 to IPv6. What are two valid reasons for adopting IPv6 over IPv4? (Choose two)
A. telnet access does not require a password
B. nat
C. no broadcast
D. change of destination address in the IPv6 header
E. change of source address in the IPv6 header
F. auto configuration

I think NAT is a valid option since IPv6 removes the need for NAT/PAT .

(Another doubtful question that I found on this site - https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9801651/frame-relay-question)

What is the advantage of using a multipoint interface instead of point-to-point subinterfaces when configuring a Frame Relay hub in a hub-and-spoke topology?

A.It avoids split-horizon issues with distance vector routing protocols.

B.IP addresses can be conserved if VLSM is not being used for subnetting.

C.A multipoint interface offers greater security compared to point-to-point subinterface configurations.

D.The multiple IP network addresses required for a multipoint interface provide greater addressing flexibility over point-to-point configurations.

In all the above cases the green colored ones are marked as correct answer but I couldn't understand why "NAT" is not one of the choices in the first answer and why option B is correct in 2nd question?
Please help.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the second question, if VLSM can't be used and you have several point-to-point subinterfaces, they can't be configured with the /30 subnet mask, so going with a multipoint configuration would indeed save IP addresses.

For the first question, I'd say by losing NAT you lose some security, so it may not be a clear advantage.