Exam Cram 2 book vs. Mike Meyers Passport book

DelmirocDelmiroc Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
After reading both books, I found that Mike Meyers book is way more helpful for the A+ certification exam than Exam Cram 2 book.

Things that I really like about Mike Meyer's passport book:
- very well put together book, I like how they start the chapters from the less complicated topics to the more advanced topics.
- Every page has information you really need for the test, summarized and straight to the point
- lots of pictures to help you understand the topic been explained. e.g (db connector, system boards, memory sticks, cpus , ect.. )

Things I didn't like about Exam Cram book:
- Very disorganized on the way the chapters were put together, lots of reading and child stories that you don't care to read, that all they do it's confused you at the end.
- Almost no pictures on the topics been explained. (this was kinda frustrating for me) I had to go online most of the time to find sample photos on what they were talking about.

This is just my opinion and I hope it helps you when deciding on a book for your A+ certification.

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used both of these books in 2002 to almost ace my A+. They're a good combination I believe.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I used Myers for A+ also and thought is was very good. I did not like his book for Network+ though...there I used the ExamCram 2. Just my humble opinion... icon_wink.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jpeezy55 wrote:
    I used Myers for A+ also and thought is was very good. I did not like his book for Network+ though...there I used the ExamCram 2. Just my humble opinion... icon_wink.gif

For Network+, I used the exam cram 2 as well in addition to sybex. I didn't use Meyers either.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • JodiuhJodiuh Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input guys. I went w/ Delmiroc's choice of the Passport flavor. I compared it with about 5 others and liked the explanations better. It definitely seems more "aligned" than most.

Jod
  • xosagxosag Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the same method as icroyal...used both books, but found myself reading the exam cram 2 much more than the Meyers. That being said, I still like the Meyers book better.