Software scanner for software for a new car

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Have recently purchased a new car (Honda).

The whole car operates on software. I know of software scanners one can use to troubleshoot and maintain the car with.

Was wondering if anyone on the list has one and if they can share their experience with it.

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you're talking about an OBDII scanner for reading engine codes, etc, I use Touchscan on Android with a bluetooth OBDII dongle. Very happy with it.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    joelsfood wrote: »
    If you're talking about an OBDII scanner for reading engine codes, etc, I use Touchscan on Android with a bluetooth OBDII dongle. Very happy with it.

My bad. I meant to say OBD, except I didn't know what it was called at the time I made the 1st post.

I've think I seen apps for Android/iPhone and can synch via bluetooth and can do the same thing as well.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    I use Torque Pro (android) with a $12 (shipped) bluetooth OBD scanner off of eBay. Works great, reads all codes, sensor value charts, active gauges, etc.