CCNA Exam tomorrow

StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
So this is it. Taking the exam tomorrow at 11:30am. A little nervous but there's no backing out now so I just have to take it and get it over with. Was going over some practice questions the last couple days. Hopefully I'll return tomorrow and tell you guys I'm a CCNA.
Currently reading Network Warrior

Comments

• ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We all get nervous, it comes with the territory. You'll be nervous right up to that first question, then it's on like donkey kong!! All of a sudden the exam is over, you see that PASS and you go home and have a cold one! Good luck mate!

Cheers,
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • webspiderwebspider Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Can anyone plz tell me how many marks are alloted for each Multiple Choice Questions? If correct in eacc Multiple Choice how many marks one gets?

Also,how many marks for Drag and Drop Questions?
    And Sims have how many marks?(approximately)

Regards
    Why does it matter? Just study the blueprint and know the topics well. Your focus shouldn't be on the points, but the topics. Remember, you aren't just taking this exam for a pass, for a certification, you're taking this exam to prove you know your stuff. Focus on the knowledge and not the points.
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck to you, i look forward to seeing a big PASS

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck Hitman!
  • Killj0yKillj0y Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!
    Certifications: GPEN, SMFE, CISSP, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, Security+, CEHv6, MCSE+Sec:2003
  • StonedHitmanStonedHitman Member Posts: 120
    I have terrible news guys...I got a big fat PASS :D

Honestly, it hasn't really sunk in yet. I was really nervous at first, then halfway through I became pretty calm. I scored 973.

CBTNuggets, odom's book, chris bryant bootcamp series, and of course the techexams community was a big part of it.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Congratulations on your big achievement!
  • davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's an impressive score!
  • RuminusRuminus Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No joke! That's a great score!!! I plan to sit for my CCNA by month end, so I hope I can post something even close to that. Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    WGU Classes Finished: GAC1, WFV1, UBC1, EUP1, EUC1, TCP1, COV1, CJC1, CUV1, CQV1, IWT1, TPV1, CTV1, C173, C185, ABV1, C179, C697, C698
    Program (BSIT-NA) completion: 80%
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome job mate. I plan to write mine within the next 2 years....I have a long journey ahead of me.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats awesome score!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    Thanks everyone. It still feels unreal to me. There was so much pressure cause the other students in my ccna class were expecting me to pass and I didn't want to let them down. It's like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now, I can make plans for what I'm going to do next.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! What's next?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
    Well, at my school where im taking the CCNA course, my instructor wants me to work on getting CCNP. I wanted to do security cause I want to get into the security world eventually. But, the CCNP sounds interesting, so what I was thinking was to study both. I'd study CCNP, but just to learn the material and strengthen my understanding of the technologies. At the same time I'll work on getting my CCNA Security.
    There is some overlap between the two, so studying one will definitely help you for the other (In the security section and VPN technologies)
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
    Oh nice. It's settled then, that will be my plan. First, I will need to read Network Warrrior, it's been waiting on my desk for this moment.
    Oh nice. It's settled then, that will be my plan. First, I will need to read Network Warrrior, it's been waiting on my desk for this moment.
    You'll love Network Warrior! It's an awesome book. Donahue writes very well, as if he's in a conversation with you about the technology.
  • webspiderwebspider Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ohh a big coincidence. Strangely both you and I passed with the same marks on the same day and same time!! I had my exam scheduled today and exactly at 11:30 am !!
    Lol
    And I passed with the same marks of 973!!
    Congrats to you@ StonedHitman !! icon_thumright.gif

BTW,what is the Network Warrior book all about? Once you pass CCNA, I think you don't require it anymore :)
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats to you both icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    webspider wrote: »
    Ohh a big coincidence. Strangely both you and I passed with the same marks on the same day and same time!! I had my exam scheduled today and exactly at 11:30 am !!
    Lol

BTW,what is the Network Warrior book all about? Once you pass CCNA, I think you don't require it anymore :)

Lol, that's a little scary, but pretty cool. I think our destinies are linked together. Congrats to you too.

From what I understand, Network Warrior is a book not really like the ccna study guides but kinda is. It focuses on the real world aspect rather than studying for exams, the author even says it's for people who have a CCNA because he's not going to hold your hand. I only skimmed through a couple chapters cause I wanted to wait until I got my CCNA to actually start reading the book.
    Lol

Network Warrior has a great foundation on things from the CCNA and adds on by introducing Nexus, MPLS and other WAN technologies, Cisco ASA base configs, AAA configurations, etc. It's a lot of small details you will find useful when working in a medium to large corporate network. However, it is very brief on routing. Therefore, I recommend checking out either Cisco's website, or getting your hands on the TCP/IP books.

I've heard good things about this book as well. Never read this one.
  • Killj0yKillj0y Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Awesome work!
    Certifications: GPEN, SMFE, CISSP, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, Security+, CEHv6, MCSE+Sec:2003
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Congrats buddy icon_thumright.gif