70-688 Exam tips?

ILUVITILUVIT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone taken the 70-688 yet and successfully passed? If so what were your study methods and/or materials. I've recently started studying for this exam. icon_study.gif
Goals for 2014: 70-687, 70-688 :cheers:

Comments

• SinokaiSinokai Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you taken the test yet? I'm currently reading through "Supporting Win 8.1: Exam Reference" but that's really all I have to go on right now.
  • ILUVITILUVIT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @sinokai, I plan on taking the exam November 1st. I've been watching the Pluralsight video training and I'm almost done with that. Then I will practice with the MeasureUp practice questions. Books aren't really my thing, but if I fail on the first attempt then I will pick up a book. I successfully passed the 70-687 on the second attempt with just the Pluralsight videos and MeasureUp questions, so hopefully I'll also pass the 70-688.
  • BlazepuBlazepu Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to take the test as well in 10 days, I haven't watched any video tutorials or read the book. This exam looks though tho. I have been deploying and working on 8 since Beta and the emphasis is more about inTunes, App-V & Xperf
    I just scheduled mine for the 14th of October.. hopefully the book/cbt nuggets will get me through it!
    Good luck! Post back on here, I am sure I will find value in your feedback about the exam. icon_study.gif
    Passed my 70-688 exam yesterday with a score of 793.. not the best, but I'll take it (especially because I thought I was going to fail!!) There were a lot of "Given x-y-z, should you use App-V, Hyper-V, etc", so definitely be solid on App-V/Hyper-V/RDP stuff. There were quite a few questions about Windows InTune as well, so a solid knowledge base on that would do you well.
    Sinokai wrote: »
    Passed my 70-688 exam yesterday with a score of 793.. not the best, but I'll take it (especially because I thought I was going to fail!!) There were a lot of "Given x-y-z, should you use App-V, Hyper-V, etc", so definitely be solid on App-V/Hyper-V/RDP stuff. There were quite a few questions about Windows InTune as well, so a solid knowledge base on that would do you well.

Thank you for the good feedback! And Congrats on the pass! What's next for you?
    Not sure.. Either starting my CCNA or an MCSA in windows server.
  • BlazepuBlazepu Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry I forgot to post, I passed my 70-688 at the end of October. I have to second what Sinokai said most questions were scenarios about which technology you should use Hyper-V, APP-V, Windows2Go.....I applied for inTune 30 day trial and mess with it for a week before I took the test, and I already have experience using APP-V & DART.I took all questions out of Exam Ref 70-688 and made a Q&A out of them. TBH, I dislike the Microsoft exam style, the focus is more on things you have no use for on a production environment.
    Finally took the exam today and failed. Got a 576, wowzers... was not expecting that low of a score. Anyway, rescheduled it for Monday and will spend the entire weekend cramming. I'll post again on Monday my results, hopefully they are positive.

After all, Edison didn't invent the light bulb on the first try.
  • chmatneychmatney Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took exam 70-688 today and PASSED!!! I can't say this exam was easy. It took me 3 attempts before I passed and today when I took the test it was 90% different from the previous exams. I know everyone's struggle in this exam. I used the following items to pass this exam.

Measure-up 70-688 Practice exams
    Brain **** questions
    Windows 8.1 Supporting Windows Book
    Hands on experience with Windows Defender, O365, Intune, Creating Storage Pools.

I studied every question you can think of and got familiar with them on the how and why I chose this answer. In total I have to say I probably learned 300+ questions. (Don't depend on brain ****. Only how you will pass with brain **** is if you are extremely lucky). Also a lot of the brain **** questions are incorrect. I hope this helps anyone that's struggling with this exam. Good Luck!!!