ICND2 Passed!

davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
I had a rematch today. I took it about a month ago and failed by 10 points, scored 815 with 825 required.

I got 894 today.

I ran out of time last attempt, so this time I was rushing through questions. I still had 17 minutes left at the end. In retrospect, I could have afforded more time for sims.

LAN Switching 82%
IP Routing 93%
IP Services 100%
Troubleshooting 76%
WAN Technologies 88%

Sources:
Odom's book - it's too wordy, proofreading was horrendous. I just don't think it helped that much.

CBTNuggets - fun videos, not deep enough to pass

INE Videos on youtube - actually very good and helpful, even though they are for the older version of the exam

Wikipedia - a good summary, the information can serve as framework for a topic

Network Warrior book - I read select chapters, it's fun, but some stuff is way over my head yet

CCNA Routing and Switching Command Guide - very good book, definitely worth the $20

Cisco Documentation online - this is what I ended up reviewing after the failed attempt, concise and to the point, my first source of information from now on

Labs:
2x1841, 2x2950 and 2x3550
GNS3

I'll continue labbing and I'll study casually for CCNP, but I still need to 'get my foot in the door', so I am thinking MCSA: Server 2008 or 2012 would be helpful - a lot of employers seem to require Active Directory knowledge for starting positions. I also want to do Linux+ at some point.

But for now, I'll celebrate icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
  • illuminusilluminus Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome Job. Good luck on your next cert!
  • caveman1223caveman1223 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats thats great! icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on next certs
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! How were the Sims overall were they fairly basic or more basic troubleshooting questions?
  • davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the sims were pretty straightforward, just need to know what and where to look for. I just went one by one confirming or eliminating possible answers.