Passed ICND1!

Disgruntled3lfDisgruntled3lf Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed my ICND1 today with a 960/1000. I used CBT nuggets ( highly reccomend ), Odom's book ( don't reccomend ), Cisco learning network labs ( hated there interface so I only did a few ), Packet Tracer, and GNS3. I did all the practice tests I could find (that got a clean bill from certguard) and labbed all the time. There were a ton of questions about subnetting, which is one of my strong points, so that helped alot I'm sure. I'm also in the middle of building out an environment at work on cisco gear so I had an unfair advantage lol. Anyway on to ICND2...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice! Taking my ICND1 October 24th. What were the practice tests you used (Boson or Transcender) and how were they in regards to exam difficulty/authenticity?
  • Disgruntled3lfDisgruntled3lf Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Transcender for WGU. They're garbage though. Pay the money and get the Boson. Start here: CCNA Links
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, I will probably use cbt nuggets and boson tests. I have Packet Tracer and 4 3640 routers. Currently working as a Level 1 Network tech with some exposure to Cisco switches. I love to hear good news like this. Good luck with future certs.
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, and what I great score...makes me wonder why I even posted my score a couple of days ago.. icon_redface.gif
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man!

I am doing a lot of the same things you're doing for my studying needs except for the practice exams (cannot find any) and trying to use GNS3 for labs. Any good sources for lab exercises? Right now I am just using CBT nugget videos for following along what Jeremy is doing over and over
  • J_Jones89J_Jones89 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Disgruntled3lf why didn't you recommend Odom's Book just curious as i got this book as well. If you feel its a waste of time reading or your opinion on this?
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    J_Jones89 wrote: »
    Disgruntled3lf why didn't you recommend Odom's Book just curious as i got this book as well. If you feel its a waste of time reading or your opinion on this?

I've read Odom's books and I'm about 3/4 of the way through Lammle's Sybex book. I enjoyed Odom's book but at times it can be a little dry in comparison to Lammles writing style. I'd say if you can get both books then do that, it's always good to have a few different study sources and both books complement each other quite well.
    Alex90 wrote: »
    I've read Odom's books and I'm about 3/4 of the way through Lammle's Sybex book. I enjoyed Odom's book but at times it can be a little dry in comparison to Lammles writing style. I'd say if you can get both books then do that, it's always good to have a few different study sources and both books complement each other quite well.

Thanks Man. Yes I do agree it is dry lol
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've read the first 3 chapters of Odoms book and it seems a bit dry. Using CBT Nuggets as well and might pick up Bryants book. I also have the Practice and Study Guide which helps me reinforce my theory concepts. :).
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
    Nafe92014 wrote: »
    I've read the first 3 chapters of Odoms book and it seems a bit dry. Using CBT Nuggets as well and might pick up Bryants book. I also have the Practice and Study Guide which helps me reinforce my theory concepts. :).

Where did you get the practice and study guides?
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill