Passed MALC today

hisulleyhisulley Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
After a long 13 months of journey, i finally passed the MALC today. I took the lifecycle path. My journey started from SO -> ST -> SD -> SS -> CSI -> MALC. MALC is a bit easier than what i thought as comparing to Intermediate levels.

If you are still in the middle of Intermediate Levels, i hope this post will give you some confidences in MALC. Cheers!

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations hisulley, MALC is a tough exam.

Do you have any study tips or exam technique that could help others?

Claire
  • hisulleyhisulley Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my strategy was...

1. get familiar (try to remember) with the case study as much as possible before the exam. i did not even read/refer to the case study during the exam.
    2. pay attention to the "verb" like initiate / implement / review etc.
    3. pay attention to the "wording" regarding to the process name that has problematic/issue mentioned in the case study. this can help to identify the 0 and 1 mark answer easily and quickly.
    4. understood deeply deeply deeply the sample paper, and the rationale behind each answer.

hope this works for me and all of you who wants to be ITIL Expert. icon_cool.gif
  • FrankMat74FrankMat74 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm still sucking wind on this. Scored a 33, trying to relook everything. Purchased the TSO, Passing the MALC to see where I may have gone astray.
    finally! Got mine too.
  • Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    Congratulations!!
    Thank you Liz. To think, the journey started with your book.
    Congratulations Frank!
  • Cousens228Cousens228 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Afternoon all, I am looking to rebook my MALC for the third time after scoring 34 on each attempt icon_sad.gif does anyone know where this can be done online? I am in the London area
    Hi Cousens

You can take an online exam at home or in the office using a number of different providers. We use Loyalist Exams (Loyalist Certification Services :: Loyalist Certification Services) for all our delegates so I am very happy to recommend them - EXIN and Peoplecert also have offerings but I don't have any personal experience of them.

Good luck, third time is the charm!

Claire
    Thanks so much Claire, third time is the charm
    Hi All, just wanted to let you all know, I took my re-sit of my MALC on Wednesday and I PASSED!!!

Thanks all for the support

Shaun
    Hi Shaun

Congratulations! That's great news and I'm sure a good way to end 2014 icon_smile.gif

Kind regards

Claire