New CCNP Security track

webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
Having just completed my CCNP R+S , I am really keen to get my NP in Security,
looking at the Cisco website, the exams are now new, 300-208 is the first one, but there are no materials available yet? how are we supposed to study without books!

anyone help please? Cisco are being a bit vague on study materials...
CCDP Next

Comments

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can attend a certified training partner or follow the blueprint and use articles and other literature to check every wicket. Some of the topics are new, some are revisited from the old version.

Or just until Cisco Press releases the new books.
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    I'm now wondering this myself as I just passed CCNA security..

I have online access to the old exam books so might just read the Firewall one as SENSS was replaced by it… how different can they be? :S (They could be very different, I haven't actually looked).
    Its a work goal of mine to have the 4 exams done by August next year and if the books aren't even released until January well that doesn't help!
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
    oli,
    I now have access to all the CBT Nuggets, I have just gone through 300-206 SENSS (Keith Barker) I know its not enough, but I really believe I am well over half way there having gone through them, and then reading up some more on the internet from various sources.
    CCDP Next
  • Ambro2000Ambro2000 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The books will be released in March 2015 instead of January 2015. I would like to pass my SENSS exam until the end of this year. Besides CBT Nuggets what other material are you guys using ?
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    Check out this Link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=300-208

It's coming out in March 2015. Cisco always does this strange thing. Get the new test out first & then book out a year later. As I am planning on studying for my CCNP (R&S), they announced the new test begins after January 29, 2015 but no trace of any books or materials yet. I'm just gonna shoot for MCSA 2012R2 at this point.

websponge wrote: »
    Having just completed my CCNP R+S , I am really keen to get my NP in Security,
    looking at the Cisco website, the exams are now new, 300-208 is the first one, but there are no materials available yet? how are we supposed to study without books!

anyone help please? Cisco are being a bit vague on study materials...
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    omi2123 wrote: »
    Check out this Link: Amazon.com: 300-208: Books

It's coming out in March 2015. Cisco always does this strange thing. Get the new test out first & then book out a year later. As I am planning on studying for my CCNP (R&S), they announced the new test begins after January 29, 2015 but no trace of any books or materials yet. I'm just gonna shoot for MCSA 2012R2 at this point.
    They are shipping early December according to my preorder from Cisco Press.
  • Highl1Highl1 Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you please share some more info about that?
    As I saw on Amazon, first to be releases is SISAS, 300-208, with release date of March 2015?
    My CCNA Security expires in August 2015, and I would like to get on to it as soon as possible, but I don't wanna rely just on CBT nuggets training (so far haven't found anything related to new CCNP Security materials other than that and of course instructor training, for which I don't wanna spend money)
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    omi2123 wrote: »
    Check out this Link: Amazon.com: 300-208: Books

It's coming out in March 2015. Cisco always does this strange thing. Get the new test out first & then book out a year later. As I am planning on studying for my CCNP (R&S), they announced the new test begins after January 29, 2015 but no trace of any books or materials yet.

This is SOP for Cisco - put out a new test(s) with no practical way to study for it, then as a kind of "oh yeah" afterthought decide to put out a book so one can study for it. They've been doing it this way for years. Clearly, whoever at Cisco is in charge of implementing this new convoluted testing process is in an ivory tower somewhere, disconnected from having to actually study for new tests.