Icnd 1 passed!

Valor85Valor85 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed ICND 1 last Saturday (10/11). I had been studying on and off for probably 6 months but I really doubled down after I got promoted to the networking department at my current company last month. I was able to get a 960/1000.

The multiple choice part was super easy. I had a few sims and only found 1 of them to be difficult for me.

It's time to study for ICND 2 now. I'm aiming to get it pretty quick so I can get up to speed for my job.

Good luck everyone!

Comments

• Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What did you use to prepare?
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    congratilation bud!!!! knock out the ICND2 before it knows you are coming for it. By the way, can you take test on saturday in TX? I'd love to know if we have that advantages here in Oklahoma City. Can you tell me bout the test center? Is it a community college or a full college or any Vortec academy?
    Valor85 wrote: »
    Passed ICND 1 last Saturday (10/11). I had been studying on and off for probably 6 months but I really doubled down after I got promoted to the networking department at my current company last month. I was able to get a 960/1000.

The multiple choice part was super easy. I had a few sims and only found 1 of them to be difficult for me.

It's time to study for ICND 2 now. I'm aiming to get it pretty quick so I can get up to speed for my job.

Good luck everyone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How were the sims overall? Taking mine on Friday and I don't want to fail.
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Thats great, nice score too!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    Great Job!

In Massachusetts we can take on Saturday's too. I have a test center about a 5 min walk away from my IT offices. Funny the only days they offer to sit for exams are Fridays and Saturdays. I took mine last Friday.

In case anyone is wondering, I used CBT Nuggets, Cisco Press, and then Chris Bryant CCNA Bootcamp on Udemy along with packet tracer. I have live lab equipment but hated the noise and hassle of firing it up. Much easier on packet tracer for now.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • nick944turbonick944turbo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    omi2123 wrote: »
    congratilation bud!!!! knock out the ICND2 before it knows you are coming for it. By the way, can you take test on saturday in TX? I'd love to know if we have that advantages here in Oklahoma City. Can you tell me bout the test center? Is it a community college or a full college or any Vortec academy?
    I've taken a few exams Austin and one in DFW and both have testing centers available on Saturdays. The ones I've been to so far have all been independent testing centers.