So I screwed up... big time.

Asalazar51Asalazar51 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I completely forgot that I had the test scheduled for the 21st of this month and not next. I haven't studied in about a month now, after studying every day prior.

I'm reading Eric Conrads 11th hour now, can someone please point me in the direction of the study guide I've seen posted a few times on here? All I seem to remember about it is a sunflower on the title page.

I know I shouldn't be cramming so late before the test but oh well icon_sad.gif

Wish me luck guys & girls.

EDIT: I scored a 688. Just barely missed it. I crammed for about 3 hours the night before the test (using the pdf posted below). Prior to that, I haven't picked up any study mats for the last month/month and a half. When I did study, I spent 2 months reading the Eric Conrad books, both the study guide and 11th hour. Did some CCCure questions (about 100 a night/3-4 times a week) for a month.

The test wasn't too bad. Honestly, I thought I had it icon_cry.gif. Test hits hard on BCP/DRP, Access Control, Software Development Security and Info Gov & risk mgmt. Everything else represented about 30% of the test for me. I'll be taking it again next month, hopefully this time with better results!

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Asalazar51Asalazar51 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Asalazar51 wrote: »
    I completely forgot that I had the test scheduled for the 21st of this month and not next. I haven't studied in about a month now, after studying every day prior.

Oh man, this sucks! Your situation reminds me of a nightmare I have of being back in college, walking into my differential equations class and finding out it's final exam day but I haven't studied!!

Best of luck to you. If cramming gets you in the right frame of mind and calms you done, then go for it. Otherwise, brain/memory research has shown last minute memorization of lots of information has a very, very low retention rate. You might be better off getting a good night sleep.
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck there.
  • victor58victor58 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Asalazar51 wrote: »

I'm reading Eric Conrads 11th hour now, can someone please point me in the direction of the study guide I've seen posted a few times on here? All I seem to remember about it is a sunflower on the title page.

I know I shouldn't be cramming so late before the test but oh well icon_sad.gif

Wish me luck guys & girls.

I think one of the worst things you could do is not be adequately prepared for this exam. Cramming will not help for CISSP. If you need more time, it would be wise to postpone for another month for 50 bucks instead of losing 600$ now.
    victor58 wrote: »
    I think one of the worst things you could do is not be adequately prepared for this exam. Cramming will not help for CISSP. If you need more time, it would be wise to postpone for another month for 50 bucks instead of losing 600$ now.

Unfortunately I missed the 24 hour cancelation deadline. I scored a 688. Just barely missed it. Test took me about 4.5 hours with 4 breaks, 5 minutes each.
    victor58 wrote: »
    Cramming will not help for CISSP.

Not necessarily true. For anyone who is about to take the test- last night I read the PDF posted above twice, cover to cover. I can say that at least 25 questions I was presented with in the exam I was able to answer correctly due to the last minute review of that document. It sucks that I just barely missed it, but if I hadn't done a 3 hour cram the night before, I certainly would have done worse.

I'm not saying cramming the night before is right or wrong. I just think people should prepare the way that they deem fit so that they'll feel confident on test day. For me, that meant a few hours of cramming the night before, and a 30 minute cram session outside of the test center this morning.
  • 5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    Close! I did both...crammed and studied for a couple weeks. In my opinion neither helped. I either knew the info or did not. The pdf's helped maybe in 4 to 5 questions. The rest was knowledge.
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    When I did mine I arrived at the test center way too early and camped out at the Starbucks for about an hour reviewing ISO and other frameworks. Came in handy during the test!
  • tcosictcosic Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Still quite impressive, you'll make it next time, good luck :)