Options

low paying IT Manager

jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
OK here is a funny one and what do you guys think about this.

IT Manager is South Central PA (USA) for $42,000 a year.
GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE

Comments

• Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    jescab wrote:
    OK here is a funny one and what do you guys think about this.

IT Manager is South Central PA (USA) for $42,000 a year.

Doesn't surprise me much...I live in Western PA. Most Network Admins I know only make around $35,000 a year, and as a PC Tech/Help Desk, I make $26K. Really sucks, but nothing I can do about it unless I move out of here, and that probably won't happen...
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Yup PA salaries suck, I'm making around $35k in NE PA. Wonder how large the environment is, maybe it's a one man show and they only give the title of IT manager. Technically I am the IT manager for the bank I work at, my "boss" doesn't really manage me, he's the CFO for goodness sake. So I manage myself and all IT within the bank, lol.
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Wow... that is pretty weak. I make more than a PA IT Manager... and I'm Canadian!!! icon_lol.gif
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GO MIKEY GO.............
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well without a full job description that doesn't mean a lot. Some smaller companies just have 1 IT guy and call him the "IT Manager".

$42K does seem a little low, but I don't know the cost of living for PA. $42K in some smaller markets would be like $70K in others.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...