Options

70-290

chris242chris242 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed my 70-270 exam. I have the Microsoft press books on the 70-290 exams, and I'm going to use the Measure Up exams to study with.

How long do you think it should take, on the norm, to be fully prepared?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Depends on how fast you can read with proper comprehension as to what you read. For me, most of the MS tests took 2 weeks each, given the majority of an 8 hour day per weekday and 4-8 hours for the entire weekend.

Also experience has a lot to do with how fast you can complete your studies too.
  • Options
    Danman--so you are saying you studied for 48 hours a week, for two weeks?
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    chris242 wrote:
    Danman--so you are saying you studied for 48 hours a week, for two weeks?

is that all? =P
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    I did say 'most of 8 hours'. As I said, the phones are really slow for my position. I am really blessed to still be here, and quite frankly, the company (at least my manager) is pleased that I took this idle time to do something they considered productive, which is to learn more computer technology and prove it by getting certs.
  • Options
    Danman32 wrote:
    I did say 'most of 8 hours'. As I said, the phones are really slow for my position. I am really blessed to still be here, and quite frankly, the company (at least my manager) is pleased that I took this idle time to do something they considered productive, which is to learn more computer technology and prove it by getting certs.

Looks like we are in the same boat! What did you use to study?
  • Options
    Well, I didn't take 290/291, as I first completed my MCSA for 2K then upgraded it to W2K3 using 292. I had started on the W2K track a long time ago. I think I used transcender tests back then.

But for the recent MS tests I took, mostly Sybex, then Syngress. I liked the format of Sybex, it is well organized. Syngress was full of errors, both grammatical and technical, but it had more details. Sometimes too much detail that it was hard to discern what to know for the test and what was just trivia.