Options

COBIT Foundation and Implementer

rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
I recently completed both the above certifications so thought I would give a brief overview of them.

For the foundation there is an option to study online, attend a course or just sit the exam. I choose the course option really the only training material you need is the COBIT book -The Overarching business and management framework for governance and management of enterprise IT. The exam itself is not too difficult but has quite a high mark to pass. All the questions are based on the book mentioned above.

For the Implementer you have to attend a training course before you can sit the exam and you have to have already passed the foundation exam. This exam is open book but the only book you can take is the COBIT 5 Implementation guide. The exam is a 2.5 hours exam and is quite difficult but only has a pass mark of 50%. Due to it being open book a lot of the questions you need to look up the answers as otherwise there would be no way to know the answer really the biggest challenge is finding the answers in the book in time rather than actual knowledge of COBIT although the more knowledge you have the easier it will be.
Overall I found both courses enjoyable but am not sure how much I will actually use COBIT in my day to day job I am looking to use COBIT Security framework in the future.

Comments

• Options
    sr2000sr2000 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rob1234 wrote: »
    I recently completed both the above certifications so thought I would give a brief overview of them.

For the foundation there is an option to study online, attend a course or just sit the exam. I choose the course option really the only training material you need is the COBIT book -The Overarching business and management framework for governance and management of enterprise IT. The exam itself is not too difficult but has quite a high mark to pass. All the questions are based on the book mentioned above.

For the Implementer you have to attend a training course before you can sit the exam and you have to have already passed the foundation exam. This exam is open book but the only book you can take is the COBIT 5 Implementation guide. The exam is a 2.5 hours exam and is quite difficult but only has a pass mark of 50%. Due to it being open book a lot of the questions you need to look up the answers as otherwise there would be no way to know the answer really the biggest challenge is finding the answers in the book in time rather than actual knowledge of COBIT although the more knowledge you have the easier it will be.
    Overall I found both courses enjoyable but am not sure how much I will actually use COBIT in my day to day job I am looking to use COBIT Security framework in the future.

Thanks for the info-
  • Options
    anobomskianobomski Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Who did you train with. How was the course organised?
  • Options
    ITSecurity1ITSecurity1 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the COBIT Foundation exam today. Not easy,but I think it was the time pressure.