Can't ping between 2 PC's, is my default gateway wrong?

walid373walid373 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is what I have going on in packet tracer:

723cd56548.png
I can ping from Lab A to PC A, same for Lab B to PC B, but I can't ping from PC A to PC B.

These are the ip addresses:

PC A
fd2b822f17.png

PC B
e21e5b9939.png

I don't know if this is enough information, I'll add in the .pkz file as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ztkltdf2dpnhjo/network01-1.pkz?dl=0

Comments

• ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    There is not enough information to determine what is wrong. My guess would be that there is not route on either or both routers for the network after the first hop. You can post the router configs to give more detail.
  • davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do show ip route on Lab A and see if it has a route to 219.219.219.0 network, the same on Lab B for 192.2.2.0 network.
  • rocdamikerocdamike Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check and verify the default gateway that is configured on PC A. Is the IP correct?
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Hi OP, I re-created your lab environment on my system (routers are not exactly the same) and got them pinging each other. What routing protocol are you using?
  • neno2014neno2014 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I am new here but I looked at the pt you have; I changed the default gateway on PCA to 192.2.2.2 and PCA can now ping to PCB.
    It was a bad default gateway. I'm still in my cisco course so take what I say with caution, but I think that whatever the ip address fa0/0 on LabA is, that is the default gateway.

can someone more knowledgeable confirm that?
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Your default gateway would be the IP address of the router interface you are connected with. For example PC A would use G0/0 on Lab A.