Options

Mistakes in training guide?

SccoaireSccoaire Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello... studying for 70-410 using the "Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 Training Guide" from Microsoft Press. On two occasions now I've run into information in the book that seem to me to be mistakes. Either I don't understand something at all, which is certainly a possibility, or there are mistakes in this guide. I'm trying to figure out if someone else has noticed this, and if you have the book, could perhaps give me their thought on specific areas.

Yes, I did check the errata webpage, none are indicated.

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What and where are the mistakes you are referring to?
  • Options
    SccoaireSccoaire Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On page 136, the Disconnected sessions section. I understand the $script and $script2 functions. And I understand that $SEASRV1 initiates a PSSession to SEA-SRV-1. I also understand that Disconnect-PSSession will disconnect me from the remote session, while the background job is still running. Then we use the Connect-PSSession command to re-connect to the remote session.

What doesn't seem logical to me is why would I run Invoke-Command $SEASRV1 $script2, instead of just running Invoke-Command $script2? If I'm already connected to a remote session on SEA-SRV-1, $SEARSRV1 says to create a new PSSession to that server. That doesn't make sense, I'm already connected to it!