291 to 293

I have 291 booked for Aug 1st. Is it realistic to go for 293 4 weeks later if i hopefully pass 291 on 1st of Aug. What is best recommended material for 293?

Comments

• Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    It depends on your experience and abilities. I was able to pass 293 after about 2-3 weeks of study, so a month of studying with full focus should do it. I didn't think I was going to pass, since I was not doing well on practice exams, but supprisingly got a decent score.
  • agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    IMO 293 and 291 are quite the same... or at least I got that feeling when I was preparing it. 293 goes more deep on the contents of 291 like RAS, DNS, GPO, CertSvc, etc.

I think you will be OK... But study hard!
  • kovokovo Member Posts: 122
    any suggested material?
    Hi!

I am using Syngress books. They are quite good! They key is experience and simulations (get a VMware running!)

Also, check MS Knowledge base for each objective you study to know possible errors.

Hope it helps!!
    Personally I used Syngress and Sybex. Didn't do so good on the practice tests, but did very well on the actual test, and that's what counts.

Know IPSec, certificates and certificate authorities. Play with these yourself if you can. You'll be glad you did.
    Also know about security templates and the tools used to manage and apply them.
    Yes, and adding to what our friend Danman says, check these.

GPOs
    Security settings (IPSEC, SMB signing)
    RRAS & VPN (PPTP and L2TP, site-to-site and Road warrior)
    Clusters (NLB and Cluster servers)
    Ah yes, SMB signing.

For GPOs, the main focus is on the security portions. 294 will broaden the focus to include environment configurations, but not as much in 293.
    IMO 293 and 294 (the one I am preparing now) are really complex.

I feel 294 is more complex... too many concepts, although its very very interesting :)

As far as I can remember, I had 2 or 3 GPOs sims... icon_evil.gif