Options

CISA December Exam - approach and general 'hello' to others out there

wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
today I started my CISA journey, having booked myself the December seat in Manchester. I've given myself 46 days to read this 'exciting' material twice (CISA RM), absorb and self test; via the ISACA Question DB [1200+ questions].

I took the same approach last year for CISM and managed a top 10% result, I'm hoping this year is the same :)

If anyone has any other recommendations or approach, I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck OP, I was hoping to take it in December myself but life got in the way so it will be next year for me.. Be sure to let us know how you do and your impression of the exciting Review Manual!
  • Options
    wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will do zxbane. Life always get's in the way. I have a friend studying for CISM waking up at 4:30am in order to read ;) I was studying for the CEH until this Sunday when I decided to park the exam (given it's a flexible exam date) in order to have a shot at the CISA. Good luck when you decide to continue!
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah my issue is I am closing on a house and moving the same date the ISACA exam is offered to start a new job the following Monday. The studying part isn't the problem, it is the inflexible test date. Anyways I'll get after it the first time they offer it in 2015. I'm sure you'll do great if you hit the Q&A DB hard!