Options

LX0-101 Passed!!

Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed my first exam for the Linux+ this past weekend and should be taking the second exam within the next two weeks hopefully!! :)

I found the material not too challenging but then again I have been working with Linux for awhile so most of it was a refresh. So, I mostly had to brush up on a few areas I hadn't looked at in awhile.

Resources:

TestOut via WGU
CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide: Exams LX0-101 and LX0-102, 2nd Edition
Previous work experience and classes
*Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
*Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63

Comments

• Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome!!! Good luck on 102.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    As you always say to others: congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    sysguysysguy Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats. How long did you study?
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome job! I'm thinking of adding that to my next term with WGU. Keep us posted on your progress with the next exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    @sysguy: I spent about a month or so studying give or take just doing some brushing up on my commands hehe..

@stryder144: I most definitely will keep you posted!! :)

Thanks everyone
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Nice! It sounds like you'll be able to blaze through the next one based on your experience.
  • Options
    auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm starting my Linux journey today and also with WGU. How well did the study material prepare you for the exam, Ive heard it doesn't cover enough?
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams
  • Options
    I think TestOut worked great for me personally with the videos and the straightforward information into easy to read notes. It also helps I have a background in Linux from my previous classes in addition to using it at work almost daily (Red Hat/ CentOS) and over the years. ;)