Options

how long does net+ take?

detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
im just finishing up my 802 for a+ and the total time its taken is roughly 3-4months of 5 days a week 5 hours a day of studying/lab sims on testout/netcad

was wondering if net+ requires on avg the same or more amount of time before certification readiness

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I spent about 1-2 months preparing for the exam reading books and taking practice exams. I used the Exam Cram book and that worked great for me as it was straightforward and gave me the information I needed. ;)

Good luck in your studies
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I recently put Net+ on hold for a bit but I was studying for roughly 20 hours a week reading the Exam Cram book and thought I was ready in 3 weeks getting 90%+ on all practice tests, except port specific ones. It's not nearly as broad of range of subjects as A+ but digs in a little in networking. It took me about 5 weeks to feel ready for A+.

I think the exam cram books accelerate the study a lot, they give the crucial information you need in few words. At least compared to Meyers A+ book which I found overly long and boring.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I spent about 1-2 months preparing for the exam reading books and taking practice exams. I used the Exam Cram book and that worked great for me as it was straightforward and gave me the information I needed. ;)

Good luck in your studies

ty to the both of u for the exam cram references, and responses!