Options

mac netware and unix questions.....

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
just out of interest what type of questions have people been getting on this 3 subjects.

i have covered all the material and am getting 80% plus on practice tests but i feel these are my weak areas.

can anyone help?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got 1-2 on mac/apple, 1-2 on unix, and maybe 6 or so on netware.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    what kind of questions were they?

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    If you are going to focus on only one of those three, I'd go with Netware. Granted Netware isn't used much anymore, but Net+ is a few years old when Netware was still popular.

Also considering that the passing score is fairly low, I wouldn't sweat it. If you are getting 80's and you pretty much know the trivia, I'd say you are ready.

But what are a sample of questions you are getting stumped on? I worked with Netware extensively, and have a cursory knowlege of Linux, can't help much with MAC though.
  • Options
    hey danman

the ones so far have been on things such as security protocols mainly and the ones on the mac/unix/netware - which hands up i admit i have worked very very little with these three.

@ security protocols - what kinda questions will you get? do they go far in depth about how the process is etc?

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    It's been several months so I don't recall the depth. I don't think it was bad though, I didn't have to study very hard.
    The main thing I needed to focus on was the fibre specs and connectors.
  • Options
    certsguycertsguy Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam yesterday and passed. I had 3 or 4 questions on each. Oddly enough they were all in the beginning of the exam for me. I though I was in deep doo doo cause I didn't study a lot of material on those two things, but I still passed.

A couple of them that I remembered dealt with Keberos and Ifconfig.

Good Luck
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does anybody have a website handy that has some good mac info. I have the Technotes from here but I was recently givin a G3 mac for free and would like to learn more about it and mabey add it to my Lan.

Any suggestions would be great
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    ...but Net+ is a few years old when Netware was still popular...

CompTIA updated the Network+ exam objectives in December 2005...

I have not come across many Netware/MAC/*NIX questions, but I do believe brushing up on the technology is a good idea. I don't have access to a MAC or Netware, but myself and I believe everyone should have access to Linux/Unix/BSD in one form or another.

- Joey