What next after Security+?

Divyaradha11Divyaradha11 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed Security+ recently, But now a don't have any idea of what exam to take next!! Please suggest me on this.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What are your interests and what is your end goal?
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What are you doing for work? Are you in school? What interests do you have as far as job interests go?
    Kindly doing the needful
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SSCP isn't that far off, too me a couple extra weeks of study using the Gibson book... I think Gibson, the one that looks like Ironman
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Studying with the Darril Gibson book and Pluralsight/Trainsignal CBT's for SSCP. So far, a lot of overlap and redundancy which I enjoy.
  • Divyaradha11Divyaradha11 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am working in the Information security Domain for more than 2 years now.. I am more into the ISMS filed for implementing and auditing ISO certifications
    SSCP is almost Equivalent to Security+, isn't it?
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am working in the Information security Domain for more than 2 years now.. I am more into the ISMS filed for implementing and auditing ISO certifications

how did you go about geting into this area? is it hard?
    Its a bit hard and challenging... I want to learn more in this, so i taught certifications will be an addon.
    But confused which one to take next??
  • IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you wish to dig deeper into security ou can look into Cisco Security and Ethical Hacker.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The CISA will compliment the Security+ in your line of business.
    Hmm.. Ok I will take up CEH. For CISA we should have 10 years of experience, isn't it?
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmm.. Ok I will take up CEH. For CISA we should have 10 years of experience, isn't it?

No, It's actually one year.
    • A maximum of 1 year of information systems experience OR 1 year of non-IS auditing experience can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
    • 60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience.
    • A bachelor's or master's degree from a university that enforces the ISACA-sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for 1 year of experience. To view a list of these schools, please visit www.isaca.org/modeluniversities. This option cannot be used if 3 years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
    • A master's degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
    Your work experience and education should be more than sufficient. As an organization, they're extremely reliable as well as structured (IMO) for career advancement.
    Oh!!! Is it!!

Thanks all for your advice.