Options

CCENT Tomorrow

EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have read pretty much anything I studied several times over, spent countless hours in regards to subnetting and understanding OSPF, since both of those two make up half of the exam I read on topics covered. With all that I am not feeling any better and in fact freaky nervous! Have been told I will get a 30-minute extension because English is not my first language. 140 minutes in total. So, time is really not of concern for me, I think. The conditions of the testing center is great and isolated too.

I wonder if people really twist themselves into knots and overestimate the first part of the CCNA. Does anyone have any advice on what I should try to understand more and fit into my brain quickly. If you have taken the ICND 1 what question category has stumped you most? If any.
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From what I have seen if you covered all of the material then it is usually time that gets you.
    I don't think you should focus on cramming in more data. Get a good rest and eat something light before you take the test. Whatever you do to relax try that today.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    I personally found EIGRP more difficult to pick-up than OSPF. To understand the topics more for the CCNA I recommend Packet Tracer, CBT Nugget videos and lots of note taking. Good luck for your exam tomorrow and the rest of your stuides.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    947/1000. woo hoo. Thanks guys for the support! Now onto ICND2 :)
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats bud, onwards and upwards. Good luck for ICND2 icon_thumright.gif
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    thunderjeathunderjea Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So if you take the exam in the non native language, the benefit is that you gain extra 30 mins?
  • Options
    auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job. Congrats. For ICND2 focus on EIGRP OSPF VLAN RSTP and Frame Relay
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats good luck on second exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Thanks for all the congrats, I really appreciate it. I have already cracked open the Wendell Odom 200-101 book. Loving it! It's 100 pages shorter than Wendell's 100-101 lol.

My full exam allowed time was 120 mins, not 140 mins.
    30 mins + if English is not your first language.
  • Options
    pierrevillerespierrevilleres Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Goodluck on taking the ICND2 exam! All the best man!