Options

Dilemma

demogorgon15demogorgon15 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'am currently facing a dilemma with two job offers i currently have, i know i def want to get into the IT field. One of the two jobs pay 30% more than the other, has nothing to do with IT but would give me more cushioning in the pocket to pay for courses and cert test

the second job offer pays less and traveling will take even more out of my pocket but offers hands on IT training.

any suggestions on which i should take?
MCSA 70-270 Next

www.eve-online.com

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I say take the hands on.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    How about your personal life? Would traveling cause unnecessary strain in that area?
  • Options
    demogorgon15demogorgon15 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Danman32 wrote:
    How about your personal life? Would traveling cause unnecessary strain in that area?

It would cause a bit of strain would have to get up pretty early to beat the early morning rush.
    MCSA 70-270 Next

www.eve-online.com
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ALWAYS take the hands on.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I concur....go with the hands-on. It's better to say you can do something, versus just "knowing" how to do it......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Hands on would definately be the better of the two. In general, getting experience and hands-on skills will help you more in the long term, instead of just getting the higher paying job now that has nothing to do with IT.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with the others. Go with the hands on which will benefit you more in the future for your career. Think long-term, not short-term. Make the sacrifice.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks