Service Packs with SUS 1.0 SP1

I am about to sit this exam (again) and before I do I am still unsure about one area of SUS.

I work with WSUS so I really don't know a great deal about SUS other than what I have read in my study material. The problem is one reference tells me that I can do a service pack upgrade for clients using SUS as long as SUS is using Serice Pack 1. Antoher reference tells me I can't and I have to use something like SMS if I want to delpoy service packs.

Any one know the correct answer on this one? Thanks

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can do SP upgrades with SUS, I think it did start with SP1 though.

I didn't see any questions specific to this on the exams I took though.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    You can do whatever is obtainable through automatic updates. You can't add updates manually though, only from MS throgh Automatic Updates or another SUS server.
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Thanks.

It never showed up on the test but I figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

Passed today with a 775. Not an easy exam but with enough study and focus it is possibile