Options

TestOut software?

kbowen0188kbowen0188 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have an upcoming college course that uses the "TestOut Windows Client Pro 70-680 and 70-687" package for the curriculum. Does anyone here have any experience with the company? I have never heard of them until now.

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have used testout labsim and it was pretty good.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    TestOut is good for learning IT certification exam material.
  • Options
    auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used several of their exam materials and for the most part its really good covers a lot of the exam objectives. Their practice questions and labs are super helpful, it really help with the comprehension of the video lectures.
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams
  • Options
    BurnsieBurnsie Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My school uses LabSim for most of the technical courses. It's a mostly online school, so it makes sense to do so. In my experience, LabSim is very good. I was surprised that some of the video material is slightly outdated. It seems they update the labs and written sections much more often, which is good. Overall, I found it very helpful to learning new material and also for material that I was pretty comfortable with. If you feel you have a good grasp on a subject, you can skip right to the lab, quiz or review.

The biggest downside is the cost of the programs. Hopefully your school includes a voucher with your tuition. Buying the software outright, without any affiliation with a school would hurt the pocketbook, for sure.

B
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    TestOut is good for learning IT certification exam material.

I'll second that it's been a very great resource. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63