Server 2012 MCSE complete!

I took the round-about way via the MCSA Server 2008 (MCITP:SA), upgrade to 2012 (70-417), then additional two exams to complete the MCSE.

I'll tell you what...the 70-414 is no joke. Still not as difficult as the 70-640 (the hardest MS exam I've taken), but working with 2012/R2 in depth for the past 1.5 years definitely helped with the nuances MS likes to test you on. Also, their online training is pretty good to just run through the videos.

Comments

• ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! glad you succeeded MCSE woot woot!

Just started my reading. I grabbed the Master Server 2012 book by Mark Minasi (Sybex) and the Exam Ref 70-417. Will lab up everything and was probably going to grab the CBT's as well.

Going for MCSE Private Cloud and Server Infrastructure. Congrats again! . You think along with technet that my materials will cover me?icon_cool.gif
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Thanks y'all! It really is a long, arduous journey, like chewing on a well-done steak with no A1 to soften the chew, nor beer to wash it down.

@Chitownjedi, it sounds like you have a good plan. Technet has become my most hated best friend...this is really where they grab a lot of the nitpicky stuff from. Whenever I read something that sounds stupid or ridiculous (like it seems like a disclaimer or something), I make note of it.

Also lab'ing is definitely key, as you already know, for any MS exam. Luckily I was able to work in a prod environment that had all the 2012/r2 products so doing that daily makes a lot of these things second nature.
  • TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, that was ultimately my path as well. The 640 was hard as was the 413.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Bryzey wrote: »
    Congrats. What's next?

Thanks y'all!!

I've had some great xp on the windows side of the house (2008/r2,2012/r2), but I'm really anxious to finish the CCNA (have been studying on my own for fun) and the VCP (finished the class from Stanley CC over the summer). I think those are both awesome certs and I respect anyone who has them. I also aspire towards the RHCSA and OCSP...spreading myself thin but as a senior engineer I try to take a lot of things into account...I also just love everything about IT icon_cheers.gif