Label maker

volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have a particular brand/model of label maker that they like, for identifying cables and switches?

Right now, I'm using a Panduit LS7, which works pretty well, but it's been discontinued a while and now label cartridges are becoming impossible to find. I'd like to find something that can label both switches/servers and cables, 3/4" tape would be nice, and preferably labels that don't fade out too badly over time.

Comments

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Brother PTP700 with Brother TZe-S231CS Black on White Tape.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • tycar86tycar86 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use this for labeling wallplates, cables, patch panels, and devices...Dymo 5200 http://www.amazon.com/DYMO-Rhino-5200-Hard-case/dp/B002M1HKLC
    It's handheld, rechargeable, and has built-in templates for different panel types and cables. Never fades and sticks great.
  • volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone used a Brother P-Touch Edge 7600? The tape sure seems cheaper than the Dymo.
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use a Panduit LS9 and love it. I have also used the Brother P-Touch, it is a good choice as well.
  • hoktaurihoktauri Member Posts: 148
    I use a p touch, it was cheap and works.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tycar86 wrote: »
    I use this for labeling wallplates, cables, patch panels, and devices...Dymo 5200 Amazon.com: DYMO Rhino 5200 Hard case Kit: Office Products
    It's handheld, rechargeable, and has built-in templates for different panel types and cables. Never fades and sticks great.

We have one of these at the office. I love it.