Options

is OS Installation covered on the exam?

iloco808iloco808 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
howdy all.

Is installation of Windows 2003 covered in 70-290?

I do not see it on the list of "Skills Being Measured" for the exam on the microsoft site, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.asp

But on study guide books i've seen though, they do start off the book covering installation/upgrade of the OS.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The books go over it, because well, if you don't know about the installation of the server, you shouldn't be going after a certification that requires you to administrate a server. The exam doesn't really bother, because if you know how to do user/group/computer administration, backups, disk administration, etc.., then it's a safe assumption you know how to install the OS.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    wow, geez...just asking

no need to get all
    well, if you don't know about the installation of the server, you shouldn't be going after a certification that requires you to administrate a server.
    on me
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    icroyal wrote:
    The books go over it, because well, if you don't know about the installation of the server, you shouldn't be going after a certification that requires you to administrate a server. The exam doesn't really bother, because if you know how to do user/group/computer administration, backups, disk administration, etc.., then it's a safe assumption you know how to install the OS.

LoL, it could go either way.

It is kind of an easy question.
    But than again Im not sure he was completely telling you to eff off.

Its really hard to differentiate between attitudes from text.

I say let it alone.

But I agree with the answer =P
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    amen! .. heh, it's all good
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eh, I wasn't getting pissy. Sorry if I came across like that, my apologies. I merely meant I wouldn't worry about it being on the exam, but you should still definitely know it.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks