Passed CEHv8

mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
Hi all,

Short message saying i've successfully passed the CEHv8 examination.

I've used Matt Walkers' CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition and its Practice Exams books/software. The book is great and it's all you need to get through CEH i'd say.

I've also used the Sybex book CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Version 8 Study Guide which is very valuable as well.

I got both books because i'm always almost self studying so i tend to gather all the possible resources available to get things going...

On the exam itself i thought it was relatively easy, that said i just recently finished my CISSP which was of course a massive help going for CEH. All straight answers (1 answer on 4 choices) and strangely the exam is kind of splited, you've got exam sections i think i've had 4 sections with say once 40 questions, one time 30 once 5 questions then another bunch of questions... I guess this is so because a lot of materials can or could be guessed from other questions/scenarios.. well fair enough...

I'm happy this is behind me now.

Best of luck to you all,
regards,
m.

EDIT: did you (to the ones which passed the CEH exam) got any EC Council email confirmation after you've successfully passed the exam?? i didn't got anything yet...

EDIT2: So i came out of this, indeed I've been subject of what EC Council calls a CRA (an audit basically) and they've asked me for a few more documents proving my industry experience which i provided and the "Passed/Certified" confirmation email came in 7-8 days after the initial audit request... it's sure not very pleasant to be audited (i'll keep that in mind if i'll audit anyone myself hehe) but well as long as it turn okay in the end i'm fine with it...

Also i forgot to add to my CEH Self Study arsenal above that I've used the followings as well:

- VTC Certified Ethical Hacker v8 Course
- CBT Nuggets EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker v8.0

This with a slight preference for the VTC contents...

Best of luck to you all...
m.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass Mokaz !!!! I just passed the CEH exam also.

I didn't receive email confirmation from EC-COUNCIL either so I guess we have to wait 4 to 8 weeks for the welcome package.

The only thing i received via email was a survey for Testing Center.

Good Luck !!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm guessing the notification emails will be sent sometime after the ECC's office open on Monday (today). The welcome kits come a few weeks later.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didn't get an email from EC-Council after passing my exam but I did get an email stating that my welcome packet was shipped about 2 weeks after I passed.

If you want confirmation of your pass, you can always sign in to your test provider's website and view it there.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • richmunozrichmunoz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am also using Matt Walkers book as well as following up online with searches for items I don't quite know. I should be getting my authorization code on Monday so I can schedule my exam. I plan on taking it in a week. If I remember correctly, EC-Council said they would email me and my employer with the results but the cert could take up to 8 weeks to process.
    testies, testies, one, two,,,,,three?

Certs this year: CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#ff0000]X[/COLOR CompTIA Network + COLOR=#ff0000]X[/COLOR
    Studying for: C|EH, CCNA
  • FrankMat74FrankMat74 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    richmunoz-I took the CEHv8 back in April. I do not recall ever hearing from EC-Council on the pass. I took the test and only the printed results was my sole "pass " message . I got my welcome kit 5 weeks later within it was my first congrats message outside the test center printout.
  • richmunozrichmunoz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey FrankMat74 - I think it may be because my Supervisor told the ECC rep that my ability to obtain this certification was conditional on my employment and waiting X number of weeks for the welcome kit was not desirable. I take my test this Saturday. icon_study.gif now icon_cheers.gif after the test.
    testies, testies, one, two,,,,,three?

Certs this year: CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#ff0000]X[/COLOR CompTIA Network + COLOR=#ff0000]X[/COLOR
    Studying for: C|EH, CCNA