Passed Network+ !!!

Paulieb81Paulieb81 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally, took me a while this year due to stopping studying for my new job, but once I got settled in I resumed studying and passed the exam with an 818. Not as good as I wanted to do, but for as busy as this year has been, I'll take it. Now on to the CCNA while the Network+ info is still fresh. I hope to have it completed by years end.
Going back to school to finish my B.S.
Goals for 2017: Security+, CCNA = NOT DONE YET
Goals for 2018: VCP6, PMI CAPM, ITIL, Six Sigma
... and when there is time: MCSE, CCNA Security

Comments

• nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's great man! A pass is a pass. Good luck on your CCNA.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Goodluck on CCNA! And congrats on the pass.
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff, congrats! Good luck on CCNA.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude, good luck for the CCNA
  • romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Congrats on Network +, I had some questions about the exam and am finding it hard to find advice. How was the performance based questions and what do they deal with? I've been studying for the exam for almost 2 months now and don't know anything about the performance based questions, and how to study for them, as I have no previous networking experience.
  • Paulieb81Paulieb81 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all.

romeo1808, I am not sure what you mean about the performance based questions, if you are referring to what I would call the lab or simulation questions, they are simply a scenario where you are faced with a problem, and you have to work through it in a real world type of way, rather than answering from a multiple choice list of questions. This is where either really good studying or real world experience comes in.
    Going back to school to finish my B.S.
    Goals for 2017: Security+, CCNA = NOT DONE YET
    Goals for 2018: VCP6, PMI CAPM, ITIL, Six Sigma
    ... and when there is time: MCSE, CCNA Security
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Great job buddy. Goodluck on your CCNA! Best of luck.
  • MegaMacMegaMac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey hey, great job. You're pretty much on the exact same path I'm on. After I acquire the Net+, I'll probably tackle the CCENT & CCNA while the info is fresh. Like the rest have said, good luck!
  • romeo1808romeo1808 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks and good job!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and good luck in Cisco land!! ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    What's next ?
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security