Options

Taking CEH exam in 2 weeks, recommendation for practise tests?

nickg87nickg87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all
I have booked my CEH v8 exam to take it in 2 weeks. I have read the CEH all in one ( Matt walker ) and the Sybex CEH book. I pretty much ace both practice tests/questions that come with those books. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any other site/software for practice exams ?
I have tried the ones on skillset.com and although some of them are descent questions a lot are crappy/irrelevant questions that i feel may through you off or make you question what you know.

Comments

• Options
    Diggs3dDiggs3d Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you have the basics covered on study questions.......

I would definitely brush up on
    NMAP switches & commands - Now the different output that switches that single/multiple commands generates
    Web Servers - Different ways to protect web server traffic
    Make sure you also review different Attacks, Virus/Trojans, Firewalls, and Ports

• Options
    FrankMat74FrankMat74 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Walker book and skillsoft. Not sure if its same material in the skillset
  • Options
    nickg87nickg87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for your suggestions
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used Boson exam simulation, it was great to prepare you for the exam.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Boson. I promise you it'll be worth your time. Consider that the official CEH iClass provides that same test engine to their students....
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Boson's stuff is high quality, but it is very incomplete for CEHv8. I compared their CEHv7 cert prep material to the official CEHv8 course material and they were missing lot of topics from many of the objectives. It looked like much of the material was borrowed from their other cert prep products, like for the Net+ and Sec+ certs. I don't know Boson has upgraded their CEH product to v8 material yet.
  • Options
    nfrench777nfrench777 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know if anyone can update this thread? Is the Boson information still archaic or has it been updated? Also I would like to know if anyone has experience with the InfoSec SkillSet test prep platform? Specifically has anyone who has used it as a supplement or as their only resource passed the CEHv8 exam? Thanks in advance for any input.