Options

Just about to start studying for CISSP Help Required

desi121desi121 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys, I am just about to start studying for the CISSP qualification. I am 24 years old and have obtained the following qualifications...
BSc (Hons) Degree Computer Science
CCNA R&S
CCNA SEC
ITILV3
Prince 2

I have been working for a telecommunications company for the past two years.

After a year I transferred to a new dept and now work as a security analyst for the same company. I've spoken to a lot of colleagues and managers who have all advised the CISSP qualification will help me in my role (as most of them already have this qualification.

My plan is to pass the exam and become an Associate as I don't have the work experience yet.

Does this all sound okay?

I just want to make sure there isn't a requirement I have not met before I start studying for the CISSP qualification!

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everything sounds on point. You can obtain the Associate of the CISSP and when you've obtained the required work experience you can get endorsed and become a full fledged CISSP.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    You may want to look into more mid-level InfoSec certs, such as the Security+, CASP, and SSCP as preparation for the CISSP. These certs have a lot of overlapping material, so they are all good to study for a new career direction into Information Security.