Options

tshoot class what should i expect to learn

santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
Hi all. I am a noc worker and my work is paying for a ccnp level tshoot course. Currently I am not Cisco certified but would say I'm at around the ccna level. What should I learn that could be relevant to my job. Background on my work enterprise level with two dcs and hundreds of branch sites. We use mpls, bgp, eigrp, ios and nxos. In my position I go as far as I can to fix the issue including reconfiguring a new device to replace the old hardware if needed. I plan on diving into the tshoot ocg this weekend as well so the class benefits me more. Just wondered every one elses thoughts on what I should really get a good grasp on in your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Route troubleshooting, redistribution, route filtering, for the most part mainly the routing stuff as you seem to not deal too much with the user side where all the switches provide user access. Or do you?

MPLS is a CCIE topic so you won't see that there
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Sorry it was late we deal with switching as well.
  • Options
    Day 1. Surprisingly we are doing the new track. So I have all the new materials for tshoot. They provide us with a lab from Cisco and we each get our own pod. Today we went over three scenarios and trouble shot them. I can feel that I have the least amount of knowledge in the class but still keepingup.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've always said if you have an opportunity to take a class and it's affordable or free do it. My last experience with a class wasnt all that great. Labs were always a disaster and took nearly an hour of prep to get it up and running before I could hash out the commands and the teacher ultimately started teaching from brain ****. I up and left the class when the teacher started doing that.

Hope your experience continues to be good! Good luck to ya!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi