Recommend Office Chairs

SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
Our office chairs are becoming increasingly uncomfortable. After a search it seems to be a bit of science behind it lol. I see time recommended for sitting, moderate to heavy usage, ratings, etc.
I'm looking for something that doesn't hurt the back, or more so, designed to help the back or allow for better posture.
Normal chairs seem designed to cause me to slouch and in turn cause my neck to lean forward.
Anyone understand what I mean? Recommendations?
TIA

Comments

• kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    These are what we have at work: http://www.amazon.com/Aeron-Chair-Herman-Miller-Adjustable/dp/B0014YGGKE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1415639289&sr=8-5&keywords=best+office+chair

They are supposed to be the most comfortable chair with over 40 different adjustments.
  • SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    These are what we have at work: http://www.amazon.com/Aeron-Chair-Herman-Miller-Adjustable/dp/B0014YGGKE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1415639289&sr=8-5&keywords=best+office+chair

They are supposed to be the most comfortable chair with over 40 different adjustments.

Wow, didn't think price would be an issue. I cannot justify a 900 chair.
    Thanks
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    My friend explained it best when he said "chairs are not something to skimp on--like your mattress at home, you spend a large chunk of your time using it and as a result it can either be good for you (posture, positioning, etc) or very, very bad (back/neck problems, etc)."

Essentially, chairs can either cause long term issues, or help avoid them. To me, that's a worthwhile investment (as is a good mattress!).
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I was also going to recommend HM Aeron or Mirra. What is the budget? Are we talking more like a Staples Black Friday deal?
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Here is what I have at home: MARKUS Swivel chair - IKEA

The arm rests can be annoying against the side of your legs but the rest of the chair is nice. You can just leave the arm rests off if you don't like arm rests.
  • SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    Well there isn't too much restriction on the budget. Just deff not 900 as it goes through finance for approval. They will immediately say "900 for a chair?"
    Would like to keep under 300 if possible.
  • jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    These are what we have at work: Amazon.com - Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Highly Adjustable Graphite Frame - with PostureFit - Carbon Classic (Large) - Desk Chairs

We have these same chairs in the office and we all hate them. Must be doing something wrong, had no idea they were supposed to be this nice.
  • KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    Embody - Office Chair - Herman Miller

Can find them for $700. Worth every penny.
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The Office Depot Harrington is my favorite chair of all time. Years ago, I used to sit in this thing and play World of Warcraft for 8+ hours on end and never suffered back aches of any sort. Love this chair. I discovered it by literally sitting in every chair Office Depot had on display (rows and rows of chairs) and as soon as I sat in this one, I knew it was the one.

Realspace Harrington High Back Bonded Leather Chair Black by Office Depot
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    How long did that Harrington last? I've had two and they both sucked. One lasted 6 months and the other 11. Disposable in my opinion.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The first one lasted a few years at least. I weighed 150 lbs at that time. I think it's classified as a light use chair, but it saw heavy use out of me. Granted I didn't weigh all that much. I'm 190 lbs now and my second chair sees light use and is still holding up after 3 years. I can see where the seat padding is going flat though. I would recommend this chair more for those who don't weigh all that much. As far as comfort though, it's the best I've used.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wish I knew the model of the chair I currently use at home. I've had it for ~12 years and it's getting close to retirement. It says Bassett ETA on it but that doesn't help me much.

At work I think the best chairs are the Herman Miller ones. Although I do hate the rubbery arm rests they have, but it looks like they make different arm rests for the chair.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At my past job I had the best chair I've ever had. Supposedly it was from IKEA, but I was looking there for one for my home and I didn't find it.

It was so good because first of all it was comfortable, and then, you can modify everything. Height of the seat, distance between seat and back, height of the armrests