Options

How many wan/ss cables for 3 routers?

latexyankeelatexyankee Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been googling for hours and cannot find the direct answer as I'm a complete newb. Here is all I need to know:

3 routers with wic t2 cards, how many smart serial cables to connect them back to back? 3? I know the part and exactly what I need to order, I'm unsure of the quantity.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    depends on how many ports you want to connect. Usually, you would have two ports per router (that is 1 wic t2 in each router). So that is 6 ports.
    Each cable has two ends, so each cable can connect to two ports. 6/2 = 3. more than 3 wics, you need more cables. only want one connection to two of the routers, than just 2 cables.
    Of course, that means each cable is a back to back crossover that matches your wic ports.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    1ft CAB-SS-2626X Cisco Compatible Smart Serial Male DTE to Male DCE Crossover Cable

one of these will connect one router to the other. The cable is for lab purposes and has a male and female end that you will learn about in your study. You will need 2 cables assuming you have this type of cable.