Options

another CCENT tomorrow-any tips/advice question

phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
As the title says I've got my CCENT exam tomorrow and was wondering if anyone who has passed the 100-101 recently has any advice, tips, words wisdom on what to look out for, anything that confused you, what might have shown up on the test the most, etc...

As always your sage-like advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you what was on the test. Read through the objectives and make sure you know them.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Make sure you got your subnetting skills solid rock! :)
  • Options
    jayskata wrote: »
    Hi,

Make sure you got your subnetting skills solid rock! :)

I'm a bit quicker at it than the rest of my class, but I've got the subnet chart memorized so I can jot it down before the test just in case I need it.
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I second studying objectives. Also if you get a router simulation make sure you treat it like a real router example NO shutdown, copy run start, and Ping to make sure they are communicating with each other. OH and the last thing use the question" ? " help me tremendously using the command line.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice. You might as well try practicing on http://www.subnetting.net/ :)
  • Options
    I second studying objectives. Also if you get a router simulation make sure you treat it like a real router example NO shutdown, copy run start, and Ping to make sure they are communicating with each other. OH and the last thing use the question" ? " help me tremendously using the command line.

I've been wondering how functional this is. I've heard different things...some say its fully functional, some say it only gives you the first level under any given input.
  • Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since this is your first cisco exam, make sure to take your time going through the tutorial at the beginning.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What helped me with both the ICND1 and 2 is to write down the show commands immediately when I sit down and even write them down as you go, even putting a brief description of what they do. Just in case I freeze up and have a brain fart, I'll have them right in front of me.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Remember you should be able to use the ? during the simulations. Good Luck!