Options

University class for requirement

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Does anyone know if taking a class that deals with the same material for the CEH will count towards the requirements for taking the test? I called EC-Counsil and left a message but I didn't get anything back. I know that if I had the CEH certification, I wouldn't have had to take the class while I was in university.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Can't speak authoritatively but I am sure the answer is no. By accepting an external course they would make no money. The requirements are clear, either official EC COUNCIL training or paying the $100.
  • Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doesn't the WGU MSISA program include the CEH? How do they do it?
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • Options
    WGU provides the official EC Council CBT. The way I read the OPs question is with a random third party class. Something like a Hacking 101 course from a community college.
  • Options
    Yeaaa I need to change my stuff. I got kicked out of WGU.
    I took the class for the undergrad course at university.

I wasn't sure if it would help with the application or not.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    You can get kicked out of WGU? Skipped classes?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Okay. So now everyone is wondering, HOW do you get kicked out?
  • Options
    ^ was about to ask the same. AFAIK you get kicked out if you ditch the mentor's calls.
  • Options
    I didn't complete enough credits. I lost focus because I was unemployed and I was running out of money, so I was focusing on getting a job.
    I put in my appeal and told them that everything is fine because I found employment, I almost completed enough credits to stay in and that I'll be able to complete the semester. They rejected me. So I'm switching to a different university because I know that they won't take me again.

Should I make a new thread about this? lol
    Booya!!
  • Options
    ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    Does anyone know if taking a class that deals with the same material for the CEH will count towards the requirements for taking the test? I called EC-Counsil and left a message but I didn't get anything back. I know that if I had the CEH certification, I wouldn't have had to take the class while I was in university.

In some circumstances they do accept college courses, but not just any course. I know they've given eligibility to some students who took the ethical hacking course at my community college, though they also had to purchase additional EC Council Course books, and if you include the tuition, the online self study EC Council offers would have been cheaper.
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Any learning institution claiming to be teaching the EC-Council Certified Ethical hacking course must be buying/licensing their materials from EC-Council itself. I teach a CEH class at a private college which fully licenses the student and instructor materials from ECC. This satisfies the requirement for the students to take the CEH exam. Colleges teaching only an "Ethical Hacking" class may not be using the offical materials, and therefore their class room instruction will not be accepted by EC-Council. Always ask about the materials used and if the class tuition also pays for an exam voucher.