Starting my DP! Up first... ARCH!

MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
Hello peeps.. I haven't been on here in awhile but am still on my grizzly grind. Mainly just been working hard past couple years and haven't cert studied too much outside of researching various topics. Gonna go for the DP now as certain topics in it interest me and I need an excuse to do something to renew my NP which expires in about a year..

Gonna start ARCH before the CCDA.. and then circle back around and get the CCDA after I pass ARCH.. the ccda material just looked tooo design/theory based and boring tbh haha. The DP looks somewhat more technical and what not and would rather start there. I'm up to page 46 now in the Foundation Learning Guide w/ highlights along the way. Every 50 pages or so I'm gonna go back and make flashcards for some of the more important highlighted parts, which I can use as additional spaced repetition studying of the topics, as goes my study style..

Plan to read about 20-30 pages a day...Welp, here goes nothing!
Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi

Comments

• MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Going pretty well so far. First chapter, "the Cisco Enterprise Architecture," was a bit dry as there's a ton of cisco verbiage, definitions, models, etc that are covered..

The second chapter, "Enterprise Campus Network Design," covers various best design practices for the campus network, and has some good info and strategies..

I'm now on to chapter 3 "Developing an Optimum Design for Layer 3" and am on page 120. Looking forward to another good week of reading and highlighting. Cheers!
    Ok, change of plans.. heh.. have some things at work to knock out and need to deep dive in other areas. Since it's for work it takes precedence.

Learned a ton so far and was up to page 170. Will definitely pick this back up sometime after the new year!!
  • NetDCNetDC Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MrBrian, it sounds like you have a lot of good motivation going on! Based on experience with the DA and DP, you need to stay focused on the overall working theory of the network components and not take a technical deep dive, like you may have on the NA. While the material may seem a bit dry at first, try to day dream a bit and keep it in a holistic perspective icon_wink.gif
    Yea that's good advice. Will do when I pick it back up!
  • Cisc01Cisc01 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought you had to first have your DA before attempting the DP ARCH test?
    Naw, but if I passed the DP exam I wouldn't have the DP until I passed the DA too.. I was just wanting to start with the DP material first since the material was much more useful for me at work..