Unable to set transport input ssh on line con 0

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Working with a physical switch, 2950, and I'm unable to set on line con 0, transport input ssh.

However I can set transport output ssh, which I don't want. So I removed it with transport output none.

I'm not sure why I can't set this. Has anyone run into this before?
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Not sure if I'm missing something here but I don't recall ever setting that on the console line, only on the virtual lines.

If you are connecting to the console you are doing so through the console/serial cable rather than connecting via network connection to one of the virtual lines.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SSH is a virtual connection...that's what the vty line is. You cannot ssh into the con line, which is why you cannot set the input. You could SSH into a device like an access server and connect to the console probably though.
  • jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you do not SSH "into" the console. You SSH via VTY lines ie. via ethernet connected to the switchport :)
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You might not be running a "Crypto" image/IOS. I ran into the same problem with my first 2 switches (2950-24). Both had an IOS which did not support encryption.

[EDIT] Just noticed that you were trying to set it on Console 0. You don't set "transport input" on the Console line. You would set it on the VTY lines ("line vty 0 4").
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Ya, you guys are right.

Thanks.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown