Passed CISSP Yesterday! Don't Give Up!

bunnifubunnifu Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those that just are having a really hard time passing it, I felt like that after taking this exam 4 times! The key is never give up!!

I realized I wasn't really understanding my weak domains, Legal, Operations, ISM, and Operations as much as I did the others. I didn't pass my 3rd time at 688 and my 2nd time at 680.

Do the following if you are stuck on more abstract and not memorization type domains like telecom and crypto.

Use this test engine. CCURE can help, but I think this test engine was great https://freepracticetests.brainhoney.com/Welcome.vp/page.htm

Also, use the CBT nuggets videos to review, this help me get the bigger picture instead of following the little details that I focused on so much instead of the bigger picture!

Good luck to you all!

Comments

• cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    You have my respect for not giving up. It makes finally passing the exam that much sweeter, I'm sure. Congrats.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congratulations !! It just goes to show that giving up is the wrong attitude. I've had to take some exams multiple times to pass. Never give up !
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • bunnifubunnifu Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! I told myself consistently to keep going since I was soo close!! I honestly can say, this was the hardest exam I have ever taken, after taking tests as an undergrad in MIS and my grad degree!

Keep going until you make it, it definitely makes it sweeter, and it is such a relief. It just shows you that you can really get where you need to be with persistence and diligence! Good luck everyone!

And, I think everyone can tell you what book to read to prepare, I read Shon Harris, 11th Hour, ISC2 study guide (power points), but you have to figure out how to understand the vocabulary words they use, it's all these vocab words and theme you need to know, just look at the bigger picture, and think about the take away of the domain.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I wonder what other exam I should take next? Any ideas?
  • amarkavita69amarkavita69 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How do you get access to the ISC2 Study Guide Powerpoint? I have got the official guide however did not get the official powerpoint slides. The instructor said its only for his use?
  • 5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    bunnifu wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I told myself consistently to keep going since I was soo close!! I honestly can say, this was the hardest exam I have ever taken, after taking tests as an undergrad in MIS and my grad degree!

Keep going until you make it, it definitely makes it sweeter, and it is such a relief. It just shows you that you can really get where you need to be with persistence and diligence! Good luck everyone!

And, I think everyone can tell you what book to read to prepare, I read Shon Harris, 11th Hour, ISC2 study guide (power points), but you have to figure out how to understand the vocabulary words they use, it's all these vocab words and theme you need to know, just look at the bigger picture, and think about the take away of the domain.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I wonder what other exam I should take next? Any ideas?

I would say relax for now...Ok now get your ass in gear and shoot for the next cert!

Congrats, 4 times is rough...Prob feel like a champ passing that dang test...well you should.

As far as whats next, what are you interested in career wise?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    wow, 4 times. You are a trooper to see this through, Congrats!
  • bunnifubunnifu Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for ALL the congrats! I definitely texted/e-mailed/updated all my friends, family, and facebook. That is how happy I was.

I was thinking about the CISA, and PMP. Currently, I currently have 5 years of info. sec experience in assessments, audits, and policies, more high level. I definitely am not as technical as some of you who are maybe conducting penetration tests.

Any input on your info. sec career path would help shape mine. :)
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Congrats! I need to start studying for this exam but I don't know where to start....*thinks long and hard for all of 2 seconds* Guess I'll start by viewing all of the study habits from you and previous posters in this forum.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    4th time's a charm I see haha. Congrats!

Going for my 2nd attempt next month.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats. After taking the CISSP exam twice...and failing, this post give me some inspiration. I went ahead and backtracked and passed the SSCP. I would agree on the vocab words too, as you really need to know what they are asking for. CISSP in 2015.. icon_thumright.gif
  • BenitechBenitech Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How long does it take to access https://freepracticetests.brainhoney...me.vp/page.htm after you have subscribe?
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, you really showed us perseverance and you reach your goals, good.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good work. Never give up.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats... dont know if i have the strength to take it 4 times!