Passed 410 today.....

pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
the exam looks updated, 40 questions and I found it easier (obviously because I passed ! ) than previous attempts so I would advise anyone who's previously failed to have another crack at it.

Scored 902.

This exam has taken me a lot longer to achieve than I thought it would but onto 411 now and I hope I can have a shot at it before xmas.

Comments

• nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. That MCSA is right around the corner.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nachodba wrote: »
    Congrats man. That MCSA is right around the corner.
    Thanks but I'm 4 exams away from my goal ! :)
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did you study? I should say what did you use?
    Rosco2382 wrote: »
    How did you study? I should say what did you use?
    Training guide, CB nuggets, technet, technet virtual labs and lots of labbing.

Most people on here will tell you the important thing is to do lots of labbing which I would agree with then when you think you're ready if you can afford it buy the measureup test exam as that will help prepare you to answer the questions.
    In my opinion the transcender questions are too long and I'd say possibly too difficult but passing either of these obviously doesn't guarantee you'll pass the real exam.
  • nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Rosco2382, the information pjd007 provided is on point. Once you get to 70-413 and 70-414 you will absolutely need a lab.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • TeXJTeXJ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pjd007 wrote: »
    Training guide, CB nuggets, technet, technet virtual labs and lots of labbing.

Most people on here will tell you the important thing is to do lots of labbing which I would agree with then when you think you're ready if you can afford it buy the measureup test exam as that will help prepare you to answer the questions.
    In my opinion the transcender questions are too long and I'd say possibly too difficult but passing either of these obviously doesn't guarantee you'll pass the real exam.

I'm just starting out. Are there specific technets I should look for? Which Training Guide are you referring to?
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    TeXJ wrote: »
    I'm just starting out. Are there specific technets I should look for? Which Training Guide are you referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/Training-Installing-Configuring-Windows-Microsoft/dp/0735684332/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416338824&sr=8-2&keywords=70-410
    TeXJ wrote: »
    The sticky at the top of the forum main page lists the most relevant ones:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/88247-70-410-resources.html
  • TeXJTeXJ Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, wasnt sure if that was kept up to date or not.
  • unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PJD007 - You said you thought it was easier this time around... How long ago did you take it and not pass it? I am wondering if they changed up the exams again... I failed the 411 back in March and it was about 65 very hard questions.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well congrats... did you take the test in a testing center or did you take it online (new way) ? i'm wondering when you said 40 questions because that's the online exam..

I been reading a lot but I feel that I don't have enough lab work done yet. I guess I need to work on that part of it.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    unfbilly11 wrote: »
    PJD007 - You said you thought it was easier this time around... How long ago did you take it and not pass it? I am wondering if they changed up the exams again... I failed the 411 back in March and it was about 65 very hard questions.
    The previous test was the beginning of June, I think if you prep again for the test you'll find it an easier set of questions.
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Well congrats... did you take the test in a testing center or did you take it online (new way) ? i'm wondering when you said 40 questions because that's the online exam..

I been reading a lot but I feel that I don't have enough lab work done yet. I guess I need to work on that part of it.
    I did it at a prometric testing centre.

Out of interest does anyone know if the exams are the same with Pearsonvue ?
  • ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the exams are the same.. however, taking it at a ProMetric Building vs Taking it at an Affiilate Prometric Building could be the difference from failing and passing..

Also 70-411 and 70-415 are the hardest exams to pass in my opinion.
    the exams are the same.. however, taking it at a ProMetric Building vs Taking it at an Affiilate Prometric Building could be the difference from failing and passing..

Also 70-411 and 70-415 are the hardest exams to pass in my opinion.
    Interesting, so I did my exam at a college so I presume that's an affiliate building !?!?!

Why do you think those two are the hardest, just in terms of the content or insufficient study materials or something else ?
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□