CCENT Tomorrow hope for the best!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well guys tomorrow is the big day my chance at the CCENT. Hope everything works out. I will post when I leave the test center. Any final bits of advice? Thanks you all have been awesome!

Comments

• nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • onyeisionyeisi Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get some rest and wishing you the very best.
    "A noble man makes noble plans and by noble deeds he stands."
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Well guys tomorrow is the big day my chance at the CCENT. Hope everything works out. I will post when I leave the test center. Any final bits of advice? Thanks you all have been awesome!

I have mine tomorrow as well - good luck mate!!
  • jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    relax your mind and good luck :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I'm pissed beyond all belief I got an 801 and needed 804 (BULLS*IT) I am pissed beyond all belief. I'm going to fight Cisco on this issue. I got so pissed I almost punched the god damn computer. My day just got ruined.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Sorry to hear that bud. I feel your frustration, I failed my NA first time by a fraction. Take a few days off, get back to the books and smash it 2nd time.

All the best.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    memorize the subnet chart and write it down during the exam intro
    The subnetting was fine. It came down to a question that was so poorly worded it could have been interpreted in a few different ways. I wish I could post it to just point out how dumb it was worded but it would break my NDA. F*CK YOU Cisco. allout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifHaha just venting. Sorry this is just the first time I have had something like this happen. I passed my Boson and Transcender practice tests. All I can say is Boson is byfar the most accurate in regards to test accuracy to the actual exam.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    The subnetting was fine. It came down to a question that was so poorly worded it could have been interpreted in a few different ways. I wish I could post it to just point out how dumb it was worded but it would break my NDA. F*CK YOU Cisco. allout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifallout.gifHaha just venting. Sorry this is just the first time I have had something like this happen. I passed my Boson and Transcender practice tests. All I can say is Boson is byfar the most accurate in regards to test accuracy to the actual exam.

Look on the bright side, I guarantee you pass the next time : )
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□

Those Transcender practice tests suck to be perfectly honest (for both ICND1 and 2). They have so much legacy equipment and irrelevant questions that it's a joke.
  • jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got nothing for you man...hope you nail it the next attempt.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry man that sucks! At least you now know what to expect from the exam and you were just points off from passing.

I would try to retake it relatively soon depending on what else you have going on. Cram a little bit on your weak points but since you were so close probably just lab to stay fresh.
    I agree. Maybe by some chance Cisco maybe messed up on the scoring. I mostly used Paul Browning CCNA in 60 days book, Pluralsight videos, Boson/Transcender practice exams, lab equipment, and Chris Bryant videos and some simulator software utilities. I would recommend passing up Transcender and buy Boson practice exams all the way. Boson actually has simulation based questions similar to what Cisco has on their exams. Has anyone else had similar issue with this where they were only a mere 3 or less points away? The main thing which I believe made the difference in me passing or not was one stupid answer choice that was worded like S$#T. Anyways what's done is done. Got another voucher and my Christmas break off of college to hit it up again. Taking a break from this and hitting up my CompTIA Healthcare IT technician to give myself a confidence boost after such a chilling defeat. Thanks everyone!
  • SWtacomaSWtacoma Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is the right answer, the wrong answer and the Cisco answer. I have found that piece of advice to be helpful.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117

Take it easy man! Just study up and you'll get it.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Like others said, study up on your weak areas, and hit a home run next time.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed