Options

CCNP Study Materials???

jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi! I just passed my ICND2 today and just to continue the momentum.. I wanna start off checking out CCNP. What can you guys recommend as study materials and w/c is easy to get first? CCNP Switch or Route?

Comments

• Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets
    OCG and FLG books (wait for the new books to come out sometime this month or next month)
    Most would say Route, then Switch then Tshoot
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    no prob!
    same loc dude :D
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats on the pass, like esr0159 said I would go Route/Switch/T.Shoot.

I would also recommend Chris Bryant's video series, cant recommend highly enough. Helped me soak up the Route material, the Official Cert Guide from Cisco for me was useless.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    chowzenchowzen Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !

The CBT Series is pretty helpful to get the ground work in - but I do feel that it does lack in detail and does not delve deep enough into some topics.

The Cisco Cert guide is also excellent.

I read through Rene' Molenaar's Route book and found it to be very helpful along with all the labs associated with it. It was to the point. Did anyone else use Rene's books ?

I am prepping for Route exam first. I have the same idea - finished CCNA 2 months ago and have been head first in NP Route. Best of Luck !
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I never got around to Rene' Molenaar's material or Chris Bryant but have heard miles of good things about both. Don't forget about the simplified series as well. I am not sure what they are doing about revising their material for the new tests, there may not be much to revise as these books kinda went above and beyond in many aspects. I have the simplified series books for both Route and Swtich and can say it was probably my number 1 study resource.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    MinaryMinary Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rene Molenaar's book is the best for actually understanding what is goign on. He cuts out alot of the fluff that can be confusing at first. You need to go into more depth afterwards though.

Ine videos have a tremedous amount of info in them and are well structured.